Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween!

It's so strange that it's 11:30 in the morning here and you are all going to a fireside ha...but thanks for the emails! Everyone was talking about how crazy emailing is after your birthday, but without you guys, Brad and Corisa it would have been empty...and I might have cried. Ha, just kidding.
Good thing my birthday here was huge.

It's way cool that you are going to a missionary fireside! Please tell me they randomly called Rach up to talk...but I want to hear all about it after!

There was a special fast yesterday throughout all of the Pacific Area for hastening the work! Members were encouraged to fast about who to invite to a special sacrament meeting each ward is having at the end of the month. Missionaries were basically encouraged to fast to receive revelation on how we can invite more people to church each week.

This week was interesting but good. On Halloween we gave little ghosts (lollies with tissues over them) to people. It was the best, everyone loved it and thought we were so creative (the benefits of being somewhere where they don't usually celebrate it).

We were able to teach 9 lessons that day, which was awesome!! Birthday blessings haha. I don't know how other missions compare, but it was so cool!

There was some major celebrating going on for my birthday!  It was awesome. Thursday during our dinner hour our zone leaders dropped off a ton of stuff for my birthday. Then my birthday morning my comps got up early and made this big breakfast and they gave me a big kangaroo (not sure how I'm going to transport it places when I'm transferred...or bring it home haha) and a frozen coloring book. So sweet right? And then that night we came back at the end of our day and our STLs (Sister Training Leaders) had decorated our apt during dinner hour like a haunted house and had cake and stuff. I've never had more junk food in my life though. I never want sugar again...ok false, but it feels like it currently.

The two girls who are getting baptized are doing alright, keep praying for them and their families please!

And G is now married and sooo excited for his baptism! And the elders in our ward (our zone leaders) have 2 baptisms coming up too right now, so there's hopefully 5 within the next few weeks!!!

With three sisters it's a little rough at times. More hormones or whatever ha. With three you have to work harder to have unity and peace, but in the end it's a really good thing. We are learning and growing together.  I know I am learning to be more patient and have more charity which is a blessing that will help me for the rest of my life...that's something I remind myself a lot haha.

I love witnessing the hand of the Lord in our lives and in the lives of those we speak with. He truly is preparing His children to hear the gospel. He loves each and every one of us so much.

Even if it is hard and I miss people a lot, I am really grateful to be serving here now. My mission has already given me some much needed perspective.

Man, I have to go, but there were funny things I had to tell you...I'll try to remember them for next week.

Love you all soooooo much!!!

Love,

Sister Formica

(the P.S. parts have to do with what we wrote to her:  McKay just laid down on the floor by the front door. I asked him if he was okay and he said, "I'm tired." Me: "It's kind of a strange place to lay down." "No it's not." (of course - haha). Then he said "Tell Becca I love her." He's tired of doing homework.
 
PS of course he's tired...he's insane and trying to do too much. In front of the door is my favorite place to lie down too!

Glad Grandma's bday was so great! Did she have fun? No one told me about her haha, just the party. CAN I PLEASE HAVE HER EMAIL?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment