Friday, December 12, 2014

kangaroos, kangaroos, and more kangaroos...

Hey guys!!!

I am feeling a lot better. I went to the Dr and it was pretty pointless ha. He said that I have tonsillitis (the computer says that is how you spell it but it looks pretty weird, so I don't know), but that it is viral tonsillitis rather than bacterial or whatever. Basically it should go away on it's own, but I should rest my voice. But it was already feeling fine, so I didn't really think I needed to. It was all good for a week, but then we were singing a lot and it started hurting again, so I guess maybe I'll take him seriously now. Maybe he went to school for a reason haha.

Our 8 week transfer is almost over. One more week and we'll find out what's going on. I read in the email of one of the sisters that I came out with that she hit her 4 month mark, so apparently I've been out for 4 months. Time is such a funny thing. I can't believe it's December. It came so quickly!

Oh I got your Not for Christmas package with my camera!! Thank you so much, I loved it!!!! The advent calendar and my Christmas pillow case are wonderful!! And thank you for the camera! I promise to send pictures more frequently now.

Mom, I was reading your letter and wishing that I was there to help you. Busy day. You are incredible. It's so true--Heavenly Father wants us to be happy, and when we listen to promptings about the little things each day, our lives are so much smoother and happier.

There was a baptism in our ward this Saturday. It was beautiful! It was a woman the elders have been teaching. She was so ready to accept the gospel. She bore such a strong testimony of the gospel and the Book of Mormon. She has two sons, one wants to be baptized in a few months when he turns 8! The other is working on it. We sang at her baptism as well.

We had dinner with a member whose backyard attaches to a golf course. They took us out to the golf course to take pictures with the kangaroos! So that's the picture with me standing awkwardly in the corner haha.


The one of me and Elder Renner, the elder who waited for his visa in Park Hill, is for Grandma.



The sunsets here are gorgeous. You really can't capture it on camera, but I tried anyway. Sorry about the speed limit sign.


This last week we saw tons and tons of kangaroos. I really haven't seen any in the wild up close until this week, and then it was just crazy! They were waiting until I got a camera to come out ha.




The picture of the little pond is where we went to do our weekly planning. It's the most beautiful park. And we took a little break to feed the ducks the rest of our pizza rolls.


We taught the young women lesson this week, it was on the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is a beautiful group of young women, they are smart and sweet. Mom, we shared Because of Him and ended with He is the Gift. Crazy. (crazy because this is what I emailed her about my lesson the same day: I want to show a video at the end, not sure if I'll show "He is the Gift" or "Because of Him".  Kind of cool how the lessons are the same across the world).

Dad, yeah a lot of missionaries live in houses, at least where I am. No they aren't cheap, but we are so spread out that we need to be in this area, and this is the best deal they could find. I never showed you the house, did I? I'll have to take a picture this week.

We get to watch the Christmas devotional on the 14th of December. Man, I took living in America for granted. Everything is so much faster ha. You have to wait longer to get your patriarchal blessings, to watch conference, to do anything like that.  I love that story about President Grant. When you don't forgive someone, you are weighed down, and it is hurting yourself. You are so wise too.

I have the best family ever. I love you guys and am so grateful for you!

I learned how to make coconut buns this week! They are delicious, and I don't even like coconut ha. Crazy. I'll make them for you when I get home, or just send you the recipe next week.

I am so excited for the Christmas season, but at the same time, it is so busy that a lot of people don't want to listen. And sooo many people go out of town! A lot of the members and some of the people we are working with are going back home to New Zealand for the holidays, or even just moving back there.

We are sharing the He is the Gift initiative this Christmas, which is incredible! Sharegoodness intro video
He is the Gift – Christmas Video – #ShareTheGift - YouTube  It's such a powerful message that Jesus Christ is the first gift, and He is the best gift I've ever received. I cannot comprehend the extent of Heavenly Father's love for us. And the love that our Savior had in order to accept Heavenly Father's will and sacrifice Himself for our sins is incredible to me.  (It's 2 minutes long and well worth the time).  

Tell Mckay and Adam that I love them!!  
Rach, email me! I love you so much!!
Hey you three, I love hearing your mission stories/experiences/whatever.

I got a package from Wendy and a letter from Marianne! They are both the sweetest!!! They both made me smile so much. I love you guys so much!!! Hope all is well! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Me 

No comments:

Post a Comment