Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy Australia Day!

Talofa everyone!!

Happy Australia Day! Someone told us that it is also called Survival Day and Invasion Day...depending on who you are talking to ha. Apparently they have crazy fireworks in the city, but we couldn't see any, so we just sat on a hill and looked at the stars for a couple minutes.

So the news is that I am getting transferred to Golden Bay, which is down south, so it should be cooler. And I'm hoping I'm close to the ocean. If it's just called golden bay and it's not by a bay I'm not going to be happy ha. It's supposed to be a really great ward! President told me that they love missionaries. The crazy thing is that my companion is going to be Sister Parks from the MTC...our fourth roommate! What the...this makes 3 transfers in a row that I'll be companions with an MTC roommate.

Sister Vea was sick for about half of the week, but I had so much to do, and I felt stuck inside.

I am so sad to be leaving the people in Ellenbrook. People are just barely starting to get back from vacation ha. School starts next week. I am going to miss Sister Vea so much! I love working with her.

Sorry we don't have long to email again, we had interviews with President Lindsay this morning.

Oh guess what?! We came home one night and there was this huge scorpion in our flat!! I didn't get a good picture, but it was so creepy looking. I caught it and we were supposed to save it for one of the elders, but we forgot that it was in our car and it cooked...oops.


I'll try to put some pictures on dropbox, but if it doesn't work, here's one or two...the first one is our investigator Meemee! She is incredible--she has such a strong testimony and she's so smart!

hey we met this less active man from Italy--he is from the province of Catania I think, from a small town with a famous weird castle? Maybe it starts with an F...I forgot how he spelled it, sorry mom! But He was so funny, and I loved his accent. The weird thing though is that he said he would make soup with ants in it and we have to come try it!

This was definitely a learning week for me. I'm grateful for Heavenly Father;s patience in teaching us lessons. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan for each of us. It's so real. And so comforting. We each have our own path to travel, but the same things bring us true happiness, and we are all on this earth just for a little time to learn. As Antonio, the italian man put it, life is just a school. I love the gospel, and I am so incredibly grateful for the Atonement.

Love you all!! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment