Monday, February 2, 2015

Put a bug in your ear? Maybe not.

So Golden Bay lives up to it's name...I have now seen the ocean, but still haven't been close to it. Hopefully we will fix that today.
My companion, Sister Parks still laughs a lot, but it makes life fun! It's been a good week. She is incredibly kind and sweet--The most service oriented companions I've had. That sounds weird ha, but I didn't know how else to say that she is always serving me. It's hard to keep up with her service wise! I'm trying though. I'm trying to learn the area and get to know people, and it's a bit of an adjustment, but I already love it here! The people are wonderful! There are very few members in our area, but they aren't too far away--all in the elder's areas haha. There are 6 missionaries in our ward. The ward is huge! Our leaders are wonderful!

Sister Parks got a bug stuck in her ear the other night for like 10 minutes. After we got it out, I was telling her how Dad had a pincher bug crawl in his, and as soon as I start telling that story, I saw a pincher bug...and ever since then I swear they are everywhere in our apartment. I am so paranoid now. 

We taught a 10 year old boy and his grandma last night about the plan of salvation...he had so many questions about what happens after this life, and as we explained it to him, I thought to myself that I was grateful that it is so simple.  It struck me how logical and perfect Heavenly Father's plan is.  Our understanding of it is flawed and limited, but it all just makes so much sense.

Oh, guess what! I've been out for 6 months now. Is that insane or what?! It went so quickly. When I think back on the time though, so much has happened. I have grown to love so many people throughout the last 6 months, and I have learned so much. I am so grateful for my mission, and for the gospel.

I know this is short, sorry. I love you all and hope you have the best week!!! Talk to you soon :)

Love,
Sister Formica

No comments:

Post a Comment