Monday, June 22, 2015

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Love you Dad :) Best dad in the world, hands down!!  Thank you for all you do!

Sad news, this is President and Sister Lindsay's last week!!  I am going to miss them so much.  President Fife gets here on the 1st.  It's going to be such a strange adjustment.

Our zone gets to go to the temple on Wednesday!!  Afterwards we have a meeting with President and Sister Lindsay.  It's going to be so good but also sad.  I couldn't have imagined how much I would grow to love and respect them over the last 10 months. 

This week was good!  We went on exchanges, and I was in a tripanionship again with Sister Vea and another Sister who is one of my favorite missionaries and is going home soon.  Man I learned so much about organization from her...I am really excited to continue to apply what I learned throughout my mission.  I have really been working on overcoming that weakness...it's a long process.  Pray for me ha.

It is freezing!!  I am so cold all the time...I think Sister De Vera is wearing off on me.  

We had a little adventure at family home evening...to make a long story short, this less active woman we are working with blew up at some of the ysa and started yelling at them like crazy then stormed out...we have talked to her since but haven't seen her.  We think she is struggling with some things mentally and she isn't really open for help right now.  

We met a less active man named Douglas at a bus stop whose mum and brother are in Ellenbrook ward.  I'd met him once there, and recognized him at the bus stop.  He came to church this Sunday! :) 

We had a lesson with this woman who is from Kongo (is that how you spell it?) and doesn't really speak English, but her 11 year old son speaks perfect English.  He translated for us the whole time and thanked us for coming to share this stuff with them because he learned a lot about good and bad. etc. and he was so keen to learn more.  His mum is less excited and really busy, so it'll be hard to see her a lot, but I am so excited to work with them.  He is such a smart kid and was asking when we could come back.  

No more adventures in the great and spacious building, but I'll try to figure out what building it is, because there are lots of people the missionaries used to teach who live there.

I have to run, but hope you all have a great week!!  LOVE YOU! 

Love,
Sister Formica

Mormon Message for the week: See Heavenly Father through a Father's Eyes:  

No comments:

Post a Comment