Sunday, July 12, 2015

11 months in the blink of an eye.

Salom! 
Ok I know the subject is dramatic, but it's soo true.  Time is just flying by...I feel like I was just emailing you all yesterday and not too much has happened to share ha.  This was a crazy week. Sister De Vera has been sick, so we've been stuck inside a bit, but she toughed it up a lot so we could work.
The Iranian couple I told you about (or I think I told you about) got baptized this weekend!!  You didn't hear more about them because the elders were teaching them, don't worry.  They are the sweetest couple ever!  And President Lindsay sent out a text the morning of their baptism telling us all that the Book of Mormon was translated into Persian (the full thing)!  That'll make it so much easier for them!  "It shall come to passin that day, that every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language..."  Doctrine and Covenants 90:11 


Their baptism was wonderful!! I found out that I was going to speak and I was first, but then we were in an appt just down the road from the chapel but my watch (well actually Sister De Vera's watch--mine is broken) is probably dying because I'll put it at the right time and it slows down so that it's 5-10 minutes behind.  Anyways,  not important, but we got there about 5 minutes after it was supposed to start (I know, I know...no need to say anything). Since when do baptisms start on time anyway?  But it did and we ran in when they were singing the hymn and the elder who said the prayer said it really slowly so I could catch my breath.  After the baptism we had a ward dinner.  We are working with this woman who was baptized years ago but is no longer a member and her son who is less active.  They are so sweet and so funny, but very stubborn, but we saw her heart soften that night!  We invited her to the baptism and the dinner, but she came because she forgot that there was a baptism and came for the dinner haha.  But during dinner she asked a lot of questions and we ended up bringing Bishop over and they talked about baptism for a little bit. The person who was baptising her put her so far down that she hit her head and so she doesn't want to be baptized in a font, she wants to be baptized in the river (she says if she ever gets baptised again). But she actually wants to, she is just holding onto a few things.  I've been thinking a lot about sacrifice and things we sacrifice to follow the Saviour.  I saw a cartoon once of the Saviour and a little girl, and she was holding a little teddy bear saying "but I love it!"  And his hand was outstretched asking for it, and behind his back there was a huge teddy bear.  His words said, "Just trust me."  The things Heavenly Father and the Saviour have in store for us are wonderful and are better than anything we can receive ourselves.  They can also make so much more of us than we can--as we follow the Saviour's example, bit by bit we draw nearer to our full potential as children of God.  

I have to run, but I love you all!!!  Have a wonderful week!!
Hoda Hafez (I'm trying to learn Persian too now ha...I know that's not how you spell it, but if anyone knows or cares, let me know how you actually spell it. Thanks.)
Have a great week!!!
Love,Sister Formica   

No comments:

Post a Comment