Monday, October 19, 2015

Skaerp dig (sounds like huwerp day--weird hey?)

Hallo all! 
Sister Formica has always loved to take pictures of nature.  This picture touched my heart (mom).  
So much has happened this week!  I've been out of Northam all week--dropped Sister Tukuafu off on Tuesday and stayed with the sister training leaders until Thursday when I picked up Sister Ahlstrom.  She is from Sweden and she is so funny.  She has an American accent a lot of the time, but some words she says with a really cute accent. She wants to be a speech pathologist too! Crazy hey? Also she loves to exercise and eat healthy. 

I'm really excited because she is so hard working and excited about the work. It's going to be a good couple of transfers.  Also I might not have to drive all of the time (It's funny--when I can't drive I want to and when I can, I don't want to...never satisfied ha.)
Funny story, apparently she found my blog before she came out and was wondering if she would meet me. And apparently the people who showed her my blog said that I talked about the food I was eating a lot hahaha...is it that obvious?  Nah, but I would feel bad for how these emails are, but I don't because no one actually has to read them. 
We had a cool experience where we went to see a potential investigator to invite them to general conference (which was AMAZING) and their boarder was there instead and he was watching...Exodus. Never seen it, but it's clearly about a prophet. And he has Mormon friends in the Philippines.  We talked to him about it and prophets and invited him to conference. He didn't come, but there's always next year ;) Nah, but he was really cool and we are definitely going back to meet with him and the family who lives there!
Um I almost ran over like a 2 foot long lizard, that was a bit creepy.  It's getting really hot, except it wouldn't even seem that hot at home. I think I'm just being a wimp because my companion isn't used to it at all ha.

Oh really quickly, Dad I wanted my ponderizing scripture to be D&C 100:2-8 and 15-17 (well actually the whole section) but I figured that 9 verses might be a bit too much ha.  So vs 3-5, 7-8.  It's all good, I'm just too indecisive to pick one verse.  Or maybe I'll do one verse each week haha just kidding.  Here's a link to her scripture for the week:  https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/100?lang=eng
Anyway, I gotta go, but I am so grateful for all of you and for your love and support.  I love being a missionary. I loved hearing from President Monson and other apostles and leaders this weekend--it was spiritually uplifting (though physically tiring ha) and many questions I had and questions of those that we are teaching were answered.  I am so grateful for a living prophet. I know that he truly is called of God. The church is true. I'm so grateful for my Saviour.  Love you all!
Have a great week!!
Love,
Sister Formica
Oh Ps Sister Jardine cut all of my hair off(ok maybe not all). Idk if it'll work to send a picture this week. Maybe next week :) 

This picture came this week.  Sister Jardine giving Sister Formica a haircut -- not sure if it's a happy smile or a shocked smile ...   Next week hopefully we'll get a picture with Sister Ahlstrom.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment