Sunday, December 13, 2015

Hey guys!  This week has been so good.  Sister Ahlstrom is feeling so much better, thanks for your prayers everyone.

WHOO!!  It's almost Christmas!!!  Hands down, one of my favourite times of year.  It wasn't really feeeling too much like Christmas, but it's starting to a bit more.  This last week we got a tree and decorations from the Penstones and our amazing neighbour Jenny.  I'll try to send some pictures next week (I temporarily--hopefully--misplaced my camera) so hopefully I will be able to find it soon. 

The spirit of Christmas is definitely real and beautiful.  But I think the power of it is proportional to the amount of people who understand what it's really about and get involved in the giving, serving and loving.  I'm not sure about that yet, I'll have to think about it some more, that just came out when I was typing haha. 
We're trying hard to spread those feelings though :) 

Here is a 2 minute Christmas video:  worth the time!!  https://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HP_SU_11-29-2015_dMIS_fSPC_xLIDyL1-A_

I am planning on going carolling with some of the families we know and with our neighbours.  I probably should let people know though and get it organized ha.  Just maybe.  I tend to plan things in my head and think people know about them.  I mentioned it to Sister Ahlstrom yesterday and she looked at me surprised because I was acting like it was something we had been planning on.  And I had been...just not out loud I guess.

This week we had some reappearances of people we haven't seen in a while.  We were able to see Bel and Nic and then Sunday they were back at church which was the BEST!

Nothing too dramatic happened except Ross came to church in a white shirt and tie!  And on a bike with a hurt ankle.  So that was a huge sign of commitment for him :)  

We've been super spoiled with everything, especially recently--food, Christmas stuff, etc. 

I am sooo grateful for the branch here, for Sister Ahlstrom, for my Heavenly Father and my Saviour and for this special time of year that brings families together.  And for egg nog which we just found in the shops today :)

Love you all!!  Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Formica


No comments:

Post a Comment