Monday, March 9, 2015

Transfers!! 9 March 2015

Kia ora!

It's been a busy week filled with lots of singing.
(yes, font is bigger.... I appreciate bigger fonts more than I used to!)

We had stake conference this weekend, and it was in Bunbury!!  We got to travel down there Sunday morning.  It's absolutely gorgeous!  All of the missionaries in our district sang in the choir, so we had to sit on the stage, and even though it was really good, I started to fall asleep at the end for a tiny bit...but in my defence I was sick this week and was really tired.  Oops...
It was a really good meeting though.  Loved it! 
Zone Conference :)
We had a picnic lunch at one of our member's mother's home down in Bunbury with 4 ladies from our ward.  It was so much fun! 

I can't remember if I told you, but Sister Parks and I also had to sing at zone meeting...so much singing.  I actually lost my voice in the middle of the week ha.

Oh so I am getting transferred...to Hall's Head. It is absolutely a beautiful area!  Love it!  Apparently it's the flat with the best view in the mission!  It's the same ward, we are just switching areas with the elders.  Also I'm training.  So that'll be fun.  Bit nervous, but I know it will be a great learning experience for me, and hopefully I don't mess the new sister up too much haha. 

quit smoking program with 6 people
(Sister Formica often jots down lines and plans to fill them in later... my best guess is she forgot this one.  We'll pray the six people have all the strength they need to quit smoking.  Not easily done, but much easier with the help of the Lord and good friends!)

 We had an experience that strengthened my testimony of prayer and my faith that Heavenly Father will guide us to those who are ready for the gospel.  While studying Preach My Gospel, I was reading in the finding section under "Go about doing good".  I was thinking that we always offer service, but no one ever accepts, and I really wanted to find someone to teach through service.  I prayed that morning for an opportunity to do so, and later that afternoon, we were biking to visit a family, and we saw a man doing yard work.  We went over and asked if he needed help, and he said he would really appreciate it.  We didn't right then because we were in skirts, but we were able to teach him and his friend about the plan of salvation.  We met with him two days later and taught him the restoration.  He has such strong faith in Christ and is so prepared to hear the gospel!  He has actually read the Book of Mormon all the way through, but had no one to discuss it with, so it didn't really go anywhere.  He is really interested in what we believe, and keen to read the Book of Mormon again and discuss what he is reading!
Lucky elders who get to teach him.  He is so smart, it's a lot of fun to teach him.  He asks a lot of questions that really make me think and we have to go find answers and bring them back.

We had a wonderful lesson with this less active family last night.  We read "The Family: a Proclamtion to the World" with them and they were asking a bunch of questions about it, and their grandma actually came out and talked to us and shared that she is a member.  She usually is standoffish, but she said that she is because she feels unworthy.  I am so grateful for the Atonement that allows us to change and to become free from feelings of guilt and unworthiness.  I know we are all children of God and He wants us all to find joy and not to be burdened down by our mistakes.  How much He must love each of us blows me away.  They are going to have to work really hard to overcome their trials, but I can just see them in the temple and I am so excited for them. 
Image result for perth temple
Perth Australia temple
I have to run, but I love you all!  You are the best and I am so grateful for you!  Better email next week, lots of info about halls head and my new companion!
LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment