Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 12 - I can never think of anything clever to put here

Talofa guys!  Hope you all had a great week!

This week was really fun for us because we had mini missionaries!!  Mini missionaries are youth or ysa who come live with the missionaries for 5 days to see what a mission is like and to help them prepare to serve.  It made me think of how it was when I started my mission.  So Sister De Vera and I had two different companions this week.  Sister Durawa was my companion, and she is amazing!  She's 17 years old, originally from Uganda, and she joined the church last year in Como ward actually and then moved away.  She and two of her siblings are the only members in her family.  She has so much strength and such a strong testimony.  She was so brave...I would not have gone on a mini mission when I was 17.  I learned so much from her this week.  Our other mini missionary was Sister Mackwell, who is also the bomb!  She is a baker and makes the most yummy food.  She is so positive and always laughing.  We loved having them here, but since I'm the only driver, Sister De Vera and Sister Mackwell were on bikes all week.  They ended up appreciating it.  (Someday I want to serve in a biking area!)


Not sure how to turn this right side up.  Looks good both ways, though.
I gave a talk in church this week on how being raised in a gospel centered home has shaped me into who I am today.  I wrote down that I was giving a talk, but was dumb and wrote it down on the day of, and so forgot until we were planning the night before and I was too tired to do anything about it, so I wrote it that morning before church.  I felt very scattered but not really stressed I'm learning to listen to and trust in the spirit more.  I prepared or jotted down plenty of thoughts, and then just certain things came out, hopefully I was guided by the spirit haha.  I know the last minute "preparation" is an issue, but I'm working on it.  

The couple we met last week came to church!!  They could only stay for sacrament meeting, but Sister De Vera and Sister Mackwell were able to go during the week to teach them the restoration.  They are amazing!  We are seeing them this week and also doing a service project with them for one of the members on Saturday.

I don't know if I told you, but we have an investigator who wants to be baptized!!!  Whoo!! We invited him to be baptized on August 8th, but it turns out we might have to change it due to some scheduling conflicts.  I'll keep you updated.  He is so sweet--he currently is living in his car and attending courses at uni.  He is so willing to learn and he has a strong desire to learn.  After every church meeting or activity he's gone to, when we ask how it was, he says, "It was interesting.  Really interesting."  And then pauses before explaining what he liked about it and what he learned.  It's always really positive, but his first response just makes me laugh.   

We had some really funny experiences this week...but I can't think of them.  Sorry!  Maybe next week...I'll try to write things down this week!

As for transfers, almost our whole mission is staying the same.  

Well I have to run, but I love you all!  Hope you have a great week!!

Love,
Sister Formica

No comments:

Post a Comment