Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I love it here!

I feel like I've been here for so long, but I've only been on a mission for 3 weeks!  That's crazy.  

I don't know where to start, or what to say actually ha.  

I love it here!  It's really hot, but not too different from home actually. I think I'd be fine if I hadn't been in Provo all spring.  It actually hasn't been a problem at all because we have a car temporarily.  My companion has a hurt knee, she doesn't know what happened, but it goes numb sometimes and just has some pain, and the Dr. said he doesn't know what's wrong with it, so he gave her a prescription and said come back if it isn't better in 10 days.  So we live with 2 other sisters, the sister training leaders, and we are using their car for the time being.  I feel bad for stealing their car --their area is a lot further away than ours and they have to bike out there everyday.  Also I just really want to bike, I think it sounds fun!  (Don't remind me of this when it actually happens and it's not quite as fun as I expected haha).

Photo
A member posted this to Sister Formica's timeline.  Thank you!! 
The ward is wonderful, there are some really sweet people.  There are quite a few young couples from BYU and they have the cutest families ever!!!  I just love them!  Sis Graham (my companion) just laughs at me because seriously every single time we leave a house I say "Ok I just LOVE them!"  Because I do.  They are all that awesome.  

Sister Graham is really funny.  She went to BYU-I and is a theatre major.  She's super nice and sometimes when she talks she reminds me of Natalie...not really what she says, but just her voice.  Also she's got a good voice and sings all the time.  She is fairly patient with me, and I am learning slowly.  

Our ward mission leader is great, he and his wife are so involved and incredibly helpful.  They are both converts, he joined the church about 10 years ago and she did 3 years ago.  Her story is crazy!  I'll have to tell you in a letter sometime.  It blew my mind.  Now you're just going to have to wait in suspense ha.  

Rebecca loved this picture because
it shows the Savior smiling!
I'm still trying to figure out what on earth I am supposed to be doing.  I get a bit frustrated with myself at times, but I am working on being patient with myself and just putting my trust in the Lord.  I feel like I say that in every email, but I'm always working on it haha.

Her comments remind me of my (Rebecca's mom) favorite scripture:  Proverbs 3:5-6 
5 ¶Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thineown understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
We had ipads and I think they are simultaneously the most frustrating and handy things ever.  My ipad doesn't work half of the time, but then a paper area book would be so much more of a pain.  
One thing we were discussing with one of the members yesterday is the how incredibly powerful the Atonement is.  It not only allows us to repent, but it provides comfort, healing, hope, strength.  It has an enabling power.  Because of the Atonement we are never alone.  Because of the Atonement we are able to return to live with our Heavenly Father after this life.  What an amazing gift.  I can't put into words how wonderful it is.  But it just is great!
Um I just remembered other good stuff to tell you but my time is up ha.  That's why I always kept a list of things to tell Rach.  Otherwise my brain is too unorganized.  I'll have to save it for next week.  The computers are so frustrating.  It took 2 librarians to help me get one working today haha.  
Umm I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!!  Hope everything is going well!  Loved all of your emails!!!  Sorry this is so scattered.  I am not really even sure what I said ha.

Well, no address or pictures this week, but at least we know she's alive and well.  We love her beautiful scattered brain.  If you want to send her a letter, I'd send it to the mission home in Tempe.  See the Address tab above.  Thanks for reading.   

No comments:

Post a Comment